as of February 23, 2022
ONLINE & ADVANCE REGISTRATION ARE NOW CLOSED.
ASB takes our role in addressing COVID-19 seriously and wants to provide attendees of BakingTECH 2022 the healthiest conference experience possible. We are following all current CDC guidelines, as well as those of state and local authorities in Illinois and Chicago during the meeting. We recognize these may change over time as conditions change in Chicago and elsewhere.
ASB’s Wellness Policy for BakingTECH 2022 can be summarized as “Common Sense”. Attendees agree to engage in conduct that is beneficial to the wellness of all attendees.
Before or during travel, attendees are asked to stay home, or in their hotel room, if they do not feel well, have any COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19
Local and State Mandates
Effective February 28, 2022, the City of Chicago will be lifting its face mask mandate. Attendees will no longer be required to wear a face mask.
Effective February 28, 2022, the City of Chicago will be lifting its proof of vaccination mandate for public indoor dining establishments. Attendees will not need to provide proof of vaccination.
Protecting the health of our attendees is paramount, and we are committed to providing a healthy in-person environment. We will continue to monitor federal, state and local guidelines and adjust our policies as needed to ensure a healthy meeting for all attendees.
ASB is prioritizing participant well-being. We are closely monitoring health updates regarding COVID and will make changes to the protocols below as needed. At present, in accordance with guidance of the CDC, the State of Illinois & the City of Chicago, we plan for the following:
Before You Travel
Attendees, exhibitors and staff are asked to stay home if they do not feel well, have any COVID-19 symptoms or have recently been exposed to COVID-19.
- ASB will offer a full cancellation refund should you become ill or have exposure to COVID-19.
- Check your flight and travel arrangements. Be mindful of current travel restrictions in place to and from your destination, as well as selected airline policies.
- Make sure to travel with your vaccination card whether it be the hard copy or a photo on your mobile device. All local Chicago restaurants and bars are required to check proof of vaccination.
- Please be sure to bring your own masks. However, disposable masks will be provided if needed.
- Please follow recommended Health & Well-Being Measures including:
- Wash or sanitize your hands often.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow and not into your hand.
- Stay socially distanced.
- Stay home if you are sick.
- Attendees, exhibitors, and staff are asked to stay in their hotel room if they do not feel well or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- Link to local clinics, emergency care, etc here.
- In seeking medical care, should an attendee test positive for COVID -19, you must follow CDC guidance on quarantine and isolation.
- ASB is not responsible for any fees/costs associated with testing, medical care or hotel fees if quarantined.
Should any of the attendees be confirmed by health authorities to have COVID-19 or to have been placed in quarantine within 14 days of the meeting, the attendee is requested to immediately inform ASB staff so that required contact tracing may be carried out.
Hilton Safety & CleanStay Information
- All team members wear masks
- Hilton Team Members are asked to stay home if they are feeling sick
- Lysol wipes and hand sanitizer available throughout public space
- Meeting rooms will be set with social distancing guidelines