American Society of Baking is committed to providing a safe, productive, and welcoming environment for all virtual conference (BakingTECH) and tradeshow (MarketPlace) participants as well as ASB staff. ASB expects all participants to help ensure a safe and positive experience for everyone. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated during any portion of a meeting or event. All participants, including, but not limited to, attendees, exhibitors, support staff, speakers, presenters, facilitators, panelists, ASB staff members, board members past and present, service providers, and all others are expected to abide by this Virtual Events Code of Conduct. This Policy applies to all aspects of BakingTECH and MarketPlace 2021 virtual conference and tradeshow, including all virtual events and sessions including those sponsored by organizations other than ASB, on public or private platforms.
VIRTUAL EVENTS CODE OF CONDUCT
DISCRIMINATION AND HARRASSMENT
ASB has zero-tolerance for any form of discrimination or harassment, including but not limited to gender, sexual orientation, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin or other protected class. If you experience harassment or hear of any incidents of unacceptable behavior, ASB asks that you report it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can take the appropriate action.
Unacceptable Behavior is further defined as:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning speech or actions of any kind.
- Verbal abuse of any supplier, attendee, or other participant or ASB staff member.
- Examples of verbal abuse include, but are not limited to, verbal comments related to gender, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, national origin, regarding competitors or other suppliers products, inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations, or threatening or stalking any attendee, supplier, speaker, presenter, facilitator, panelists, ASB staff member, service provider, or other virtual event participants.
- Harmful or prejudicial verbal or written comments or visual images related to gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, disability or other personal characteristics, including those protected by law.
- Unwelcome attention or deliberate stalking or intimidation of any participant.
- Real or implied threat of physical, professional or financial damage or harm.
- Inappropriate disruption of product demonstrations, educational or networking sessions, chat sessions, or other virtual events organized by ASB throughout the virtual event. All participants must comply with the instructions of the moderator and any ASB staff.
- Photographing, video or audio recording of slides, oral or poster presentations; or taking screenshots of chat sessions without presenter/author’s permission.
- Violating the rules and regulations of any of our online platforms, including but not limited to GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, Eventfinity and Zoom.
- Failure to stop unacceptable behavior when requested by a fellow participant or ASB staff member.
- Sharing your virtual show login credentials with other individuals.
- Derogatory posts against a competitor or within their virtual exhibit booths.
ASB is relying on the professionalism and ethics of its attendees and their desire to maintain a positive reputation among their peers and in the commercial baking industry generally, to help ensure compliance with this Code of Conduct.
Nevertheless, ASB reserves the right to take action deemed necessary and appropriate, including immediate removal from the virtual show without warning or refund, in response to unacceptable behavior that is disruptive to BakingTECH, MarketPlace, or other ASB related virtual events, and ASB reserves the right to prohibit either the non-compliant individual or company from exhibiting or attending any future meeting or tradeshow, virtually or in person. Inappropriate action could also result in future restrictions on attendance of ASB events, or possible termination of ASB membership or positions on boards/committees.
Confidential product information will be shared during product demonstrations and in virtual chat sessions. Participants agree not to use or disclose at any time any confidential information of any supplier or their affiliated groups, unless expressly authorized in writing and/or required by law.