- How to prepare for a career in the baking industry
- A Guide to Choosing Your College Major (study.com)
- View university programs
- Submit a university program
- Scholarship information
Are you seeking a rewarding career?
Are you considering one in the wholesale baking industry?
Many people think the wholesale baking world is comprised of only bakers, but it isn’t—there are so many more job opportunities!
A recently released study, “The Workforce Gap in U.S. Commercial Baking: Challenges and Solutions, 2016” is focused on highlighting important news that could help you choose your career path. The Study explains that good workers are in demand now and that demand will continue to grow.
Industry-wide, help is needed in a critical way. The wholesale baking industry is facing a shortage of qualified employees; we need motivated people to fill our job openings. A large number of current and anticipated job opportunities are available in engineering, maintenance, machine operations, food scientists and research & development.
- 78% of the baking companies reported a shortage of employees in engineering and maintenance positions, both hourly and salaried. This shortage is expected to remain “high” to “severe”.
- Skilled positions have grown by 60% over the past 5 years. The baking industry is deficient in employees in all areas of production with leadership skills, problem solving and decision making skills, as well as baking-industry specific technical skills.
- The increased use of automation/robotics (58% over the past 5 years) is opening the door for employees with technology/computer knowledge and math skills.
- By 2025, companies anticipate a rise in shortages among hourly machine operator and unskilled production positions, and salaried scientist and R&D positions, with increases of 21%, 19% and 17% respectively, compared to current levels.
If you want to launch your career in an industry that is thriving…with employers who will appreciate your time, cultivate your talent, and fairly compensate you for doing great work, then wholesale baking is an option you must consider. Your timing couldn’t be much better than now.
Check out what wholesale Baking is all about!