Manufacturing plants are challenged in retaining employees, which can lead to challenges in maintaining skilled leaders and teams who can develop newer employees. Training programs are becoming more important, as companies look to continuously improve, but may not have the expertise in-house to further employee development. Many external resources exist for developing employees, and this presentation will discuss how different training offerings can help improve the technical skills of employees. The modes of training that will be discussed include:
- Digital training platforms, which are either pre-recorded sessions that are watched or live video training.
- On-site (at the plant) training, which brings external resources to your facility for training of specific teams.
- Off-site training at an external resource location.
- These different training offerings each have their pros and cons. When deciding on which training to provide to employees it’simportant to understand the benefits and limitations of each type of training and the end-goal of the training for the employee(s).
- Understand the pros and cons of different external training resources.
- Consider the specific desired outcome of the training and select the best training application.
- Realize how the investment in training can lead to continuous improvement at the plant.
Commercial Food Sanitation, an Intralox Company